Saturday, May 30, 2009

10 Pounds, 10 Weeks

My mom is still kicking it. She has lost a total of 17 pounds this year. She is now setting a goal of losing 10 pounds in 10 weeks. She is also changing her focus to getting stronger by eating right and exercising. Weight loss will be a side benefit. Fantastic attitude, if you ask me.

She is pushing me to get a personal trainer, like her. I think I may stick with taking yoga classes. I finally started on a local project a week ago and will be working in town for the next three months. That means that I can take yoga lessons during the week! A luxury.

My mom is now up to walking/running an average of 3 miles. Great progress! This week her exercise included:
  • Walking on Monday
  • Core training Tuesday
  • Walking after work Wednesday
  • Thursday core training
  • A long walk this weekend

2 comments:

Mom said...

Week one down 1 pound. Monday school, Tuesday personal trainer, Wednesday School, Thursday Personal train, Friday 45 minutes run/walk if not raining, Saturday a long bike ride (2 hours). Sunday 45 minute run/walk.

Menehune said...

Thanks for the update! Great job on your first week!