Monday, July 6, 2009

Healthy Vacations

This is the perfect time of the year to put in my two cents on healthy vacations. My mother, sister, and I managed to have a relatively healthy vacation last year near Gulf Shores, Alabama, by renting a condo where we could prepare most of our own meals. We did eat out some (must enjoy the local fare!) and did stop once at an ice cream shop, but those outings were well balanced against the rest of our meals. We also made sure we got in walks/runs on the beaches.

The trickiest part of managing my food, now that I am not traveling Monday through Thursday for my project, is when I go to the in-laws' river house on the weekend. They are always preparing yummy food, and the hardest part is moderation. I definitely need to make sure I am not treating my weekend trips there as vacations from healthy eating!

I came across an article on America's healthiest beach and lake getaways, for those of you who head toward American waters for holidays.

No comments: