Sunday, August 17, 2008

Making Weight Loss a Permanent Habit

I read an article today on bad and good eating habits. The article describes how you can turn eating healthy into a habit, resulting in weight loss. The article was sent to me by my wonderful Moma. It is worth a read: Behavior Modification

The article strikes a cord with me, because I have seen that my body does get used to (after 5-6 weeks of consistency) good eating behaviors, and it also lets me know when I am changing the good behaviors into bad ones. One of the reasons I have found traveling so difficult this summer is that I have been traveling to new cities, with coworkers who typically choose the restaurants, and have been working a hefty number of hours (resulting in snacking).


I do think, though, that I am the one that controls how much goes into my mouth and should be tracking and adjusting a bit better than I have been, and don't want to make excuses for situations that are not likely to change. I do think my health is and always will be more important than my job over the long term... I just need to remember that each time I am going out to lunch and din din while traveling.

No comments: