Monday, July 7, 2008

Continuing on the Path

I managed to lose another pound last week, so I am down 4.5 pounds into my weight loss. Closing in on 25% of my goal. The reasons for my weight loss last week are a toss-up. I got a bit of a stomach bug/ache that may have helped me more easily keep within my calorie goal. Hopefully, this week my stomach will repair itself, and I will be back on the path. (I think it was a stomach issue resulting from eating something I am allergic to without realizing it because it also came with hives...)

With the stomach issues, I didn't get in quite as much exercise as I normally do, but did get in several 6 mile walks early in the week. I also got in a 4 mile walk on Thursday and a bike ride on Saturday.

Yesterday, I started this week off right (joking a bit) with some gluten-free Trader Joe's pancakes. I mixed in real cocoa and a few of the allergen free chocolate chips, too! :)

I also walked 4.5 miles and a little strength training. I am still a bit in recovery, so I snuck in a late afternoon nap. As my stomach recovers, I am going to try to work back in more vegetables (which have been making my stomach queasy on sight) and less pure carbohydrates.

No comments: