Sunday, July 13, 2008

Turkish Inspired Almond and Banana Dessert

My hubby just returned from a trip to Turkey, and I was inspired by some of the pictures of food that he took. (We both take pictures of interesting foods we eat when we travel.) The Turks use quite a lot of honey, almonds, and other nuts in their desserts, so I decided to use some of the almond meal and honey I have at home.

Ingredients:
Almond meal
Honey
Little pat of butter
Salt
Banana (optional)

I put the almond meal in a pan and began to heat it for a minute. I tossed in a little bit of salt. I then added a honey in slowly mixing it in until my almond meal formed one solid clump. I then began to wrap it into a log shape and added a pat of butter to the pan. I kept turning the log in the pan until it was a little browned on the outside. I then took it away from the heat, sliced the almond/honey log and served it with part of a sliced banana. I actually found that the banana was almost too sweet with it. But the log was tasty, and the husband doled compliments.

No comments: