Thursday, May 29, 2008

Daily Food Summary (Success! A Close One!)

I officially declare today a success. My resolve was sorely tempted because my hubby really wanted some Boston Creme Pie custard from our local custard shop, so I went with him. I managed to go into and out of the custard shop without having had ANY custard or other things that would not have been good for my calorie count today.
It was tough. I almost...sooo clooossee... ordered a cup of custard, but I remembered that I only have a finite time to meet my goal. I also remembered that I will be able to have custard at another time, when I have the calories budgeted. Just not today.
Food & Drink Ingested:
Breakfast:
2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Oats with rice milk

Lunch:
Salad (greenery, 1/4 chicken boob from Wednesday, tomato, 2.5 tbl. spoons of salad olives, blue cheese dressing)
Snacks:
4 cups fruit salad (2 for morning and 2 for afternoon snacking)
5 rice crackers

Dinner:
Gluten-free Whole Foods bread slice, buttered (posing as a hot dog bun for my turkey sausage)
1 hot Italian turkey sausage
Heinz Organic Ketchup (contains no wheat, soy, or corn products! Does contain sugar though...)
1/4 cup giardiniera
1 can Hanson's Ginger Calorie Free Soda

Exercise: Today was another good exercise day, much to my surprise. I was not sure how well I would run 6 miles after having run 8 yesterday. I ran 6 miles, with speed training the last two miles, for an average of 9 minutes and 2 seconds per mile. I also did 35 minutes of power yoga in place of strength training today. If I run another 6 miles tomorrow, I will be able to have Saturday off to do nothing.

Unpleasant Food Surprise of the Day:
Briannas Homestyle True Blue Cheese Dressing = Gross. I bought this dressing because I was at a store without the best selection of dressings and because it was the only one without soybean oil, wheat, and corn ingredients in the refrigerated section.

The unpleasant surprise: The Blue Cheese Dressing was SWEET!!! YUCK!!! I saw that the ingredients had sugar, but did not expect the dressing to be sweet. It was. Blue Cheese mixed with sugar. Yuck. I am tempted to throw the bottle away. The only thing it might mix well with is a battered, fried onion that my hubby tells me he has been craving for months. We'll see if he would use the dressing. If not... to the trash it is (well the recycle bin once emptied).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job huns!

Moby Dick said...

I love blue cheese dressings, but they are very fattening. SWEET? How many calories???

Menehune said...

120 calories for 2 tbl spoons. 4 grams of sugar per serving. I usually love blue cheese dressing and try to build in the calories to have the good stuff. This one was not worth it!