Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Report

Well, I went a bit over my planned calories this weekend. Not too bad. I was 250 calories over for all of last week, mainly due to some unplanned ice cream on Saturday. I was a hundred calories over yesterday and today due to chocolate and chips respectively. I am pretty bad about staying in my calorie ranges on the weekend and know I need to work on it. At least this weekend, I wasn't quite as bad as I have been in weekends prior to my starting the push to lose the 20 pounds. So, here are my three days of meals:

Saturday, May 24th (Great wedding and night out)
1 Cocoa Loco Snack Bar
Medium Skim Latte
Mango salad with grilled chicken
1 cup frozen sangria
2 small balls of ice cream rolled in coconut and sliced almonds
Dinner buffet - 2 small crab cakes, 2 chicken skewers, cheese blocks, mixed fruit
3 glasses of wine (2 white at the wedding, 1 red while out later)

Sunday, May 25th (Big breakfast day)
2 cups coffee with sugar
Oats with raisins and little bit of brown sugar
Scrambled eggs
Mixed sliced fruit
Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese
Cocoa Loco Bar
Falafel
Grilled beef (thinly sliced) & rice
Hummus
Cucumber yogurt salad
1 chocolate truffle

Monday, May 26th (Memorial holiday with a bit too much grilled sausage)
2 cups of coffee with agave nectar
Oats, rice milk, heated with frozen raspberries thrown on top
Serving of kettle potato chips and hot salsa
Fage 2% Greek Yogurt with 1 tbl spoon of black currant jam
2.5 hot Italian turkey sausage, grilled
Grilled veggies (squash, asparagus, broccoli)
Slice of gluten-free bread with a little butter
1/2 orange

The sweets on Saturday and Sunday, left me craving more sweets today. I had to fight a tough urge to have chocolate this evening. Still feeling it, but confident I have succeeded for the day. Now if my hubby would stop mentioning Krispy Kreme...

Exercise: On Saturday I did a few sit ups, push ups, leg lifts, and stretches. They made my body feel a little better after the two flights and layover. No exercise Sunday. Today, I ran 4 miles at a new record: 8 minutes and 33 seconds per mile. I didn't do any speed training, but I did make an effort to be speedy. I did do about 15-20 minutes of strength training: sit ups using a workout ball, crunches, push ups, light arm movements with 2lb weights, and a few yoga moves that help strengthen my back and keep my bum from going flat.

No comments: