Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weekly Food Summary (and Friday and Saturday May 30 & 31)

As a weekly summary, I ended up at approximately 600 calories over my target for the week (which could result, mathematically, in a .18 pound slower weight loss). That said, I still should have lost some weight this week, and yet am back up to 0 total weight loss, as of this morning. I do cheat a bit and will take the lowest weight on either Saturday or Sunday for my weekly total loss/gain, so will let you know if tomorrow I am down some in weight. Would suck if I actually regained 1.5 pounds compared to last week, but I actually do feel fitter and have much more defined and thinner arms (at least they look and feel that way!).


Dietary Review:
I have a few goals for the next two weeks, looking across my food intake over the past two weeks:

  1. Eat less salt (too many pickles and pickled items)
  2. Eat less sugary stuff (even fruits... too high in sweet and sometimes useless carbs across my days)
  3. Eat more vegetables (was definitely not getting in my 7 servings a day)
  4. Try to better balance calories across the week
  5. No more than 2 cups of coffee a day. Maybe (big maybe) just 1.5 cups per day this week.

So, this is probably a list that could benefit the general US population. I will try to more proactively eat my veggies this week.

Friday Food Summary: 2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Oats with rice milk
1 mango
BBQ Beef
Cocoa Loco Snack Bar
5 rice crackers, 1/3 serving of potato chips
Oat snack
Potato salad
3 oz wine

Saturday Food Summary: 2 cups coffee with agave nectar
banana
5 cherries
3 rice crackers
2 breakfast turkey sausages
1 fried tomato
Pizza (Chickpea crust free of gluten, soy, and corn, fontina cheese, diced garlic tomatoes, gulf shrimp, terragon butter)
1 New Grist Beer
1/2 flourless chocolate cake

Exercise: I did well on exercise yesterday, getting in my 6 miles, as planned. I was slower at 9 minutes 44 seconds per mile, but didn't do speed training and felt a bit slow anyway. The slowness may have been due to the fact that I played 9 holes of golf earlier in the day for a work event. I didn't do a whole lot of walking on the course, but definitely got some in. No exercise today as planned.

Favorite Food (Beverage) Find of the Week: Tonight, I was able to have an entirely gluten and soy free meal at a local restaurant. It was awesome. They had gluten-free pizza and even flourless chocolate cake (yeah, shouldn't have had it, but still think it might have been worth it... I only had half thanks to the hubby). Even better, they had gluten-free beer that was pretty tasty!

Lakefront New Grist Beer (made with sorghum and rice).

Shoutout: My good friend, Miss Piggy, went to the gym for the first time in over a month! Props to her!

1 comment:

Moby Dick said...

I should probably look this up, but what is the big deal about GLUTEN? What is it? Sounds like glue in the wheaten?? Gluten to the chair?