Thursday, May 8, 2008

Petite Workout Clothing

One irritating area when trying to lose weight has to do with workout clothing for me. As I am a petite individual, I find it so difficult to actually find clothes that fit. (In principle, I find it offensive to have to alter workout clothing.)

Thankfully, over the past year I have found that a couple of companies are starting to make petite workout pants. They still assume that a petite woman will have the same top size and shape as a taller woman, which is not true... if it is supposed to hit at the hips, it shouldn't be hitting at the bottom of the hind end, in my opinion.

I was very happy to see that Nike (http://www.nike.com/) started carrying petite workout pants. The only problem I have found with them is that they don't keep a lot in stock and seem to be out or on backorder each time I find a pair I want to order.

Another company, that I randomly recieved a booklet from in the mail, also appears to carry petite workout clothes: Athleta (http://www.athleta.com/). I have not yet ordered from them. If any one has tried them out, would love to know if their workout pants can actually stand up to long distance running.

No comments: