Friday, June 6, 2008

Daily Food Summaries (June 5 & 6)

A quick daily summary. I am off to the in-laws house for the weekend. For the week, I think I will end up a little over 1300 calories per day, instead of 1200, which isn't great. In general though I am not to displeased. I reduced the salt I was eating this week and increased the veggies (yum-o).

Yesterday, I felt I did pretty well... until I looked up how many calories are in steak, so I ended up at about 300 calories over where I wanted to be. In general, I am pretty pleased that I didn't order dessert or a second drink yesterday. Something, however, did really upset my system eating out yesterday. I tried to order something without any flour or other ingredients to which I am allergic. I looked up the ingredients in the gluten-free beer, and it was fine, so perhaps the steak I ate was cooked with something.

Food Ingested (June 5)
1.75 cups of coffee with agave nectar
Oats with water, sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar
1 bowl of Rachel Ray Green & White Lightening Chunky Chili (more like soup than chili)
2.5 cups jicama (morning and afternoon snack)
1 banana, 1 nectarine
2 3oz pieces of steak, medium fries
1 Redbridge beer

A note on the beer - Redbridge beer (gluten free) is not nearly as tasty as the New Grist beer that I had a week or so ago. I will not be trying the Redbridge again.

Food Ingested so far (June 6)
2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Oats with water, sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar
Rice cakes with peanut butter
Fat free Greek yogurt with 1 medium banana
1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup peach sugar free soda
1 nectarine

I will be taking some food with me for the trip this weekend.

Exercise: I got in 6 miles of walking yesterday and 40 minutes of yoga. Today, I also got in 6 miles of walking.

PROPS! Big props out to my mom and miss piggy who have snuck some exercise into their schedules this week. Keep it up! I heard rumors that my sis might, too. If she has, props out to her as well!

No comments: