Thursday, June 12, 2008

Slipped Peanut Butter in Again Today (Daily Summary June 12)

Why, oh why, do I keep eating peanut butter? Or roasted peanuts? Perhaps, even though I know that they make me feel gross, they taste so good? Take today's slipping in of peanut butter to have with my banana: 10 minutes later I am feeling queasy, within 30 minutes I need a nap and have a bit of a stomach ache, and now, hours later, my stomach is even more queasy on the verge of a coup d'etat, I have a bit of a headache, and I feel sluggish. Each time this happens, I tell myself I won't have peanut butter again, but something about its wonderful taste draws me back. I must stop!

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that it bothers me. People with soy allergies can have problems with peanuts due to similar protein properties, but, alas, I still have to dip my spoon into the yummy bucket o' golden brown allergen periodically.

On another note, I have greatly enjoyed the nice change in the weather. It was easy to walk six miles outside today. Not too hot. I am doing strength training this evening.

Food & Beverages Ingested:
Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee with agave nectar
Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Cereal with almond milk

Early Lunch:
2% Greek yogurt with 1 banana

Late Lunch:
Salad (1/2 can white albacore tuna in water, cucumbers, iceberg lettuce, blue cheese dressing)

Evening Snacks:
Banana with 1.5 tbl spoons of peanut butter
Cherries
Pickle
Crystal Light Cherry Limeade Slurpee

Water - 4 cups so far, not including the limeade.

I am trying to save up a few calories today and tomorrow for my anniversary brunch and dinner plans on Saturday. :)

No comments: