Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The joy of frequent grocery shopping! (Daily summary - June 11)

I love frequent grocery shopping. It is a nice thing I like to treat myself to when I am not on a tough work travel schedule. I had some interesting veggies and fruits in my diet today, and they made the food across the day quite satisfying. It is easier to stay within my calories when I have different low calorie options to try.

Jicama with Paprika and Lime Juice

Daily Food Summary
Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee with agave nectar
Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Cereal with almond milk

Morning Snack:
2% Greek yogurt with 1 banana

Late Lunch:
Salad (baby spinach, 2 slices nitrate free turkey bacon, 1 cup English cucumber, blue cheese dressing)

Snack:
Jicama with lime juice and paprika

Dinner:
Parmesan crusted eggplant with goat cheese and red and yellow bell peppers
Cherries
1/2 spoon peanut butter
1 can Hanson's Calorie Free Peach Soda

Water: 1.5+ liters

Exercise: Walked 2 miles, ran 4 miles. 1 day overdue for some yoga/strength... caused by an unexpected work call that lasted from 6-8pm. Today, was a wonderful weather day. It was much cooler, so it was a good day to pick up the pace a bit and throw running back into my exercise mix.

Dedication: Today's daily summary is dedicated to someone whose birthday is today. She is an inspiration in her intellect, sweetness, and pursuit of continual self improvement. She inspires me to do well each day, with her own ability to try new recipes and fitness activities to live a healthy life and in her academic pursuits.

No comments: