Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lose Weight, Increase Wealth

Studies have now linked having a healthy weight to having higher wealth levels. I find these interesting, wanting to both lose weight and increase my personal wealth. An article from the New York Times discusses multiple reasons that higher weight leads to lower income. The article also closes with something that interests me: the study found that dropping from being overweight to being in the middle of a healthy weight range can lead to a big financial improvement for some.

Extra Weight, Higher Costs

An article going into more detail on the same study's findings that losing weight can cause increases in wealth. It does note that these findings applied only when significant amounts were lost (more than 5-10 pounds), and the impact varied by race and gender.

Lose Weight, Gain Income

Even in my own case, when I lost 25+ pounds in 2006 I also saw an increase in dough. Now, not sure if these two could be directly correlated, but maybe so. I hope to replicate that increase again with this next weight loss.

No comments: