Sunday, June 8, 2008

Daily Food Summary (past three days, June 6-8)

Today was a good day; however, this past week I was significantly over my planned calories.

Room for improvement: I am starting to recognize some of my eating habits that are not so great... eating well over my planned calories... when I eat out or am at events. Something to think about.

Successes:
- Ate more veggies! I hope to do the same this week
- Ate less salt!
- Am still feeling buff

Today's Food Summary:
1 cup of coffee with hazelnut milk, sugar
Oats with hazelnut milk
1 medium banana
1 serving of chips
Salad (beet, fennel, apple all finely diced; olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper mixed to make dressing)
2 rice cakes with 2 tbl spoon peanut butter
2% Greek yogurt with 1/2 banana
Lots of water
Beet, Fennel, and Apple Salad

Yesterday's Food Summary
2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Gluten-free English muffin with cream cheese (could have skipped the cheese, the muffin was great!)
2 bananas
Grilled shrimp, rice, beans, and salsa at a Mexican restaurant
Hamburger
Watermelon (a lot)
Grilled asparagus

Friday's Final Food Summary
2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Oats with water, sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar
Rice cakes with peanut butter
Fat free Greek yogurt with 1 medium banana
1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup peach sugar free soda
1 nectarine
Five Guys little hamburger (I substituted a gluten-free bun for the normal one)
Five Guys fries

Exercise: It became so hot starting Friday, but I still managed to get in my exercise over the weekend. Saturday, even though it was 99 degrees Fahrenheit (felt 105+), I got in 40 minutes of kayaking with the hubby and sister-in-law. I also got in about 3 miles walking, but had to turn around because I thought it was too hot for my pup. Tonight I went for a walk at 8pm, and it was still 98 degrees Fahrenheit. My dog and I did manage to walk for 6 miles this evening, with relative ease. I did 30 minutes of power yoga when we returned home (in the air conditioning).

No comments: