Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Daily Food Summary (June 3)

Today was a blah day. I worked a lot. My allergy shot appointment took a lot of time. It rained a lot. I did not walk a lot (at all). I ate a lot.

Food and Beverage Intake:
Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee with agave nectar
Oats, rice milk
1 medium banana

Lunch:
1/2 salmon piece (~100 grams)
Amy's Organic Low Sodium Lentil Soup (1 cup) with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top
Orange

Snacks:
Non-fat Greek yogurt, one tbl spoon of currant jam
1 cup Thai coconut tea

Dinner:
Amy's Organic Low Sodium Lentil Soup (1 cup) with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top & 1/2 Hot Italian turkey sausage thrown into soup

Uh Oh, I Go Snack Crazy:
1.5 inch block of cheese, 1 cup fruit
2 rice cakes with 1.5 tbl spoon peanut butter
1 wine spritzer (3oz wine, 5oz Perrier lemon flavored sparkling water)

Water: 2 liters

The last snacks I had definitely threw my calories for the day way over where they were supposed to be. I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow morning to get some veggies for salads, soups, and snacks. I am completely out... which is probably why I reached for the bad snacks today. The wouldn't be soo bad, if I had budgeted for them... or stuck to just one. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a renewing, vegetably pleasing day.



I need some new snacking veggies. Maybe jicama with some lime, pepper, and salt? (See the nice picture of sliced jicama above.) Perhaps fennel? I looked to my French Women for All Seasons book for inspiration and beets and fennel were there as spring/summer foods. Cucumbers and snap peas to dip into a homemade dill yogurt sauce? Hm. Hopefully, I will find my veggies tomorrow.

Exercise: Working late, then an evening thunderstorm pushed away my walking plans for the evening. I did, however, do planned strength training, even though I did not particularly feel like it. Glad I did now!

No comments: