Monday, June 9, 2008

Daily Food Summaries (June 9)

Today was another scorcher! But that did not stop me from eating well or getting in my exercise. :) My pup and I walked 6 miles, and I kept to my goal calories. Woohoo.
Foods and Beverages Ingested:
2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Cereal with almond milk
Salad (beet, fennel, apple all finely diced; olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper mixed to make dressing)
1/2 gluten-free brownie
Fat free Greek yogurt with 1/2 banana
Salad (baby spinach, tuna, peppers, salad olives, blue cheese dressing)
Remaining 1/2 gluten-free brownie
2.5 liters of water
1 cup of thai coconut tea (not milk or sugar)
Tuna Salad

I have decided that I currently have mixed feelings about beets. They taste fine (not too rooty) after being marinated for a bit in the vinegary dressing. But, they are not a veggie I would snack on raw with nothing to help the taste. I have another large beet in my refrigerator. I will try roasting it and will sample the roasted beet with one or two of the dressing recipes I found online. For a picture of my beet, fennel, and apple salad, please see yesterday's daily summary.

I had a fantastic blue cheese dressing today, made by Cindy's Kitchen. This blue cheese is so much better than the awful one I had last week. I highly recommend it, if you can find a bottle.

Cindy's Kitchen Dressings (just a few of many)

No comments: