Monday, June 2, 2008

Daily Food Summary (June 2)

Good day. Right around my target calorie range. Didn't feel too hungry. Got in my exercise and my water, per my momma's request.

Food & Beverage Consumption:
1.75 cups of coffee with agave nectar
Oats, rice milk
1/3 cup black beans
1/2 hot Italian turkey sausage
1 medium banana
1 fat free Greek yogurt
Cocoa Loco Snack Bar
1 tbl spoon olives
Salad (1/2 salmon piece (~100 grams), greenery, 1/2 tomato, olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
1 wine spritzer (4oz white zinfandel wine, 6oz Perrier lemon flavored sparkling water)
1/2 mango
2 liters of water

Exercise: I decided to take it easy on my knees and back this week and substitute in a good amount of walking for running. I walked 6 miles, averaging ~15 minutes per mile. My doggy enjoyed the slower pace (got more sniffing in, caught up on pee-mail).

2 comments:

Naomi Devlin said...

Well done for hitting your daily target! Did you know that rice milk is very high on the glycaemic index and not the best choice for slimming? Although nut milks have more calories in, they do not cause the insulin spike that is the reason most people put on weight and crave carbs. You can also make milk from oats.

Also, vegetables are a great slimming aid, they fill you up, provide lots of nutrients and don't raise your blood sugar. If you can get more veg into your diet you'll really notice the difference. How about swapping your cocoa loca bar for some raw carrots or even a piece of fruit?

Naomi x x x

Menehune said...

Naomi - Thanks for the tips! I did not know that rice milk is high in the glycemic index. I will work some oat or nut milks into the diet instead as I finish up my rice milk supplies.

I agree on the more veggies. I am not fond of snacking on carrots, but maybe some snap peas. I am also starting to research other good finger veggies besides broccoli and cauliflower (because my husband and I eat those often with dinner).

Tips always appreciated! Thanks!