Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yogurt and Beet Salad - Daily Summary June 10

Today, in desperation to figure out what to do with my remaining diced beets, I ended up making a yogurt and beet "salad." I roasted the remaining beet dices in the oven for 45 minutes (in a handmade tinfoil bag). Then, I marinated them in red wine vinegar for a bit. I topped the drained beets with a yogurt mixed with garlic, salt, pepper, and a little sprinkle of curry. The impromptu "salad" was not too bad. I was not revolted by yet another day with my endless beets. Now, what to do with the large beet root still sitting in my fridge drawer...



My Daily Food Summary:
Breakfast:
2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Cereal with almond milk

Lunch:
Salad (beet, fennel, apple all finely diced; olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper mixed to make dressing)
1 frozen banana pop (1 ripe banana, on a skewer, wrapped in plastic wrap, frozen)
2 cups decaf tea with a little bit of almond milk

Afternoon Snacks:
2% Yogurt & Beet Salad
Slice of chicken lunch meat with cheese

Dinner:
1 small chicken breast (eaten without skin)
Roasted veggies in chicken broth
Wine spritzer

Water: 1.5 liters so far

Exercise: I walked 6 miles in yet another scorcher of a day.

A note on my breakfast change up this week - For the past few days, I have been enjoying a break from my oats. I have been having Enjoy Life's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal. I find it a little difficult (sort of like Grape Nuts) to eat when cold because the chunks are hard, but 30 seconds in the microwave turns it into a tasty breakfast treat.

No comments: