Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good News! (Weekly Summary)

I am finally down a little bit of weight - 1.5 pounds lost! Both weigh-ins yesterday and today were the same weight. I am looking to keep on going with my weight loss. I feel like I finally have a rhythm, helped by improved grocery shopping, but I am wary of making any predictions with the little plateau I hit over the weeks before this most recent one.

I ended up only a bit over my calorie target for last week and was able to successfully fit in a great anniversary dinner at a restaurant friendly to people with food intolerances and allergies, Cafe Atlantico (http://www.cafeatlantico.com/). For brunch yesterday, my honey also made gluten free pancakes with Trader Joe's Gluten Free Pancake Mix with allergen free chocolate chips from Enjoy Life mixed into the batter. The chocolate chips and pancake mix are two of the very few types of these items that I can find that are gluten, soy, and corn-free.

Today, I went a bit overboard with useless carbs, having left over pancakes for breakfast and then gluten-free pizza with fresh basil and mozarella with tomato sauce. I also had a few chips today, too! I will have to drop my calorie totals for a few days to even out of my calories over the week to make up for today's carb bonanza. I will also need to eat a lot of veggies tomorrow to make up for the lack of veggies today.

Today's Food and Beverages Ingested:
2 cups coffee with agave nectar
Gluten free pancakes from Trader Joe's mix with chocolate chips from Enjoy Life. A little bit of pure maple syrup on top
1/3 peeled apple
cherries
1 serving of chips with salsa
Gluten-free pizza
1/2 orange
2.5 liters of water
Crystal Light Cherry Limeade Slurpee
Exercise: I walked 6 miles today. Yesterday, I also walked 6 miles and did yoga for 30 minutes.
I am planning on switching to doing calorie/food summaries once a week or twice a week. I may, however, continue to post interesting food adventure and health news throughout the week.

No comments: